Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bags are packed

The last few days went by fast. Walked a couple of days with the fully-loaded back pack on for three miles at a time. Mine weighed in at 20.2 pounds including two liters of water. It felt fine carrying it but it felt better once I took it off.

Here are a couple of the guys I walked with on Thursday carrying their back packs. They make it look easy.

Larry and Emilio

As of this morning the scale showed that I was 21 pounds lighter than on January first. My intention had been to get rid of 25 pounds in preparation for the walk during the past three months. I fell 4 pounds short of the target but I'm happy since, as most of you will agree, shedding all that weight in three months is no easy task. I did not follow any diet or took any type pills to loose the weight. I simply walked a lot and did not over eat. The pounds just kept coming off. I hope that the trend comtinues during the walk next month and I can get my BMI low enough so as to no longer indicate "obese."

Larry, Ed, Manolo, Bob, and Emilio

On Saturday we chose not to walk. We're ready! Instead we just met at First Street Coffee to discuss final details. Ed is the happy camper showing his tube of Biofreeze. The rest of us are just happy with our coffees. The happiest one seems to be Bob. He is one of the Gilroy amigos who is not going on the walk. He may know something we don't know...


No comments:

Post a Comment